Danfoss drives / frequency converters
VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102
Minimized life cycle costs for HVAC applications
The VLT® HVAC Drive ensures optimized process control in all heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC). The frequency converter is easy to use, has built-in intelligence and can be commissioned quickly and cost-effectively. It includes numerous functions that have been specially developed for use with pumps, fans and compressors, etc. In this way you save energy, comply with applicable environmental protection regulations and reduce costs in modern buildings.
With its compact design and efficient thermal control system, the VLT® HVAC Drive is ideal for applications with limited space for frequency converters. Various safety functions, such as Safe Torque Off and Safe Maximum Speed, protect systems and operating personnel.
This robust frequency converter ensures trouble-free operation in harsh environments and thus guarantees maximum operating time. Housings are available up to IP66 (depending on the model). A reinforced coating is optionally available to provide additional protection for the circuit boards. Integrated DC link chokes and EMC filters protect your installations by minimizing harmonics and electromagnetic interference.
Features and benefits
- Since the frequency converter works efficiently at ambient temperatures of a maximum of 50 ° C without a reduction in output, external cooling or oversizing is not necessary
- The modular concept and extensive expansion options keep the costs for the initial investment low and enable easy upgrades.
- Due to the integrated pump, fan and compressor functions, there is no need for external control and conversion devices.
- The automatic energy optimization enables energy savings of 5-15%.
- The wide range of HVAC protocols allows easy connection to a variety of building management systems and reduces the use of gateway solutions.
- Standard EMC filters guarantee compliance with IEC61800-3 Category C1 (living area) with a 50 m motor cable. No further external filters are required. Compliance with C1 can be achieved by simply connecting the motor to the motor output.
- The integrated Smart Start Assistant reduces commissioning time by guiding users through the process in easy-to-understand language.
- The operating concept is identical for all drives from 1.1 to 1400 kW. Do you know one, you know all. This makes programming a 1.4 MW drive as easy as programming a 3 kW drive.
- The built-in NABERS-compatible energy meter minimizes the need for external energy meters
- The common field buses Modbus and BTL-listed BACnet are already integrated free of charge in every VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102