Technical Support Engineer - Refrigeration
Requisition ID: 27765
Baltimore, MD, US
Danfoss, a global leader in Refrigeration, HVAC/R, Industrial Automation, and Motion Controls, has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Engineer supporting our commercial and residential refrigeration business segment. This is a challenging and creative opportunity for you to be a part of an industry leader in refrigeration applications.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you would be part of a technical team supporting multiple customer levels, including distributors in component selection and replacement, field technicians/contractors in application troubleshooting, and equipment manufacturers in application of Danfoss components in system designs. Support is primarily a remote function via phone/email support. As part of a global team, Danfoss offers industry leadership and innovation across the world, which allows us to bring the best solutions to our customers and a support to our employees.
• Actively participate in technical support call center and utilize Salesforce for customer interaction
• Provide best in class technical support for Danfoss Cooling Product Line
• Conduct internal and external presentations to increase knowledge of products and applications. Includes in-person and remote training courses and web videos
• Develop and maintain technical tools to support customers (documents, videos, etc)
• Continue to build competencies by attending trainings, conducting research, and remaining motivated to become a product and application expert
• Periodic site and customer visits to support customer applications as well as the internal sales team technically
• Become proficient in troubleshooting complex refrigeration and AC systems
Background & Skills
• Strong coordination and communication skills
• Ability to help advance market share against strong competition
• Ability to balance high demands inherent with multiple customers while managing projects and technical discussions
• Entrepreneurial as well as strong initiative and ability to lead/drive process improvements
• Willing and able to travel regionally and internationally (approximately 5-15% travel required)
• Potential, periodic after-hours emergency phone support (via phone)
• Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or Engineering Technology with preference in Mechanical, Refrigeration, or HVAC
• Strong interest in learning HVAC/Refrigeration. Preferred experience with refrigeration and AC systems
• Experience with MS Office required
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.